Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Colombia by the Numbers

158: Days I have been in Colombia

64: Days I have been in La Boquilla 

25-45: Minutes it takes to get from La Boquilla to the Center (depending on the bus)

2:30: Hours it takes to get from La Boquilla to the Peace Corps office in Barranquilla

1.760: Colombian Pesos to 1 US dollar 

1.500: Pesos to ride the bus

1.400: Pesos to buy a beer 

4: Teachers I co-teach with 

248: Students we teach Monday-Thursday 

15: Names of students I actually know

7: Are Juan David

3: Number of Lizards I saw in the house while I was walking downstair to get water yesterday night 

5: Days we had water this past week 

6: Books I have read since in Colombia (Odd Man Out, Playing for Pizza, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Smokescreen, Hunger Games, and the Odds)  

4.5: Seasons of Lost I have watched

3: Wins my softball team has 

7: Losses the softball team has

7: AM the average time I start sweating


12:  Number of priests that are currently in the house today to celebrate MENS day


3 comments:

  1. 135: days until we see you!

    ReplyDelete