Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

4th Grade Fashion Show


Some of the 4th graders
I figured it was about time I write another post about how my English classes are going.  And like the title suggests I just finished a big unit on clothing in one of my 4th grade classes.  Like all of the units this was both co-planned and taught (way easier written than executed).  So after a few classes of drawing pictures, playing games, and working on plenty of pronunciation my co-teacher and I decided that the students were ready for a fashion show to end the unit.  The students were supper stoked about this because for once they could choose what clothes to wear to school instead of the usual uniform that consists of a white shirt and quasi blue sweatpants.

I had a few ideas of what the students were going to wear--i.e. glamorous dresses, button down shirts, soccer jerseys, etc.  However, there were a few surprises as well.  My favorite being the one student who clearly forgot about the assignment, went home during a break and could only find one wool glove, but insisted on walking down the runway nonetheless.  However, I was not surprised that the girls got way more into this activity than the boys.  And by into it I mean EVERY girl turned into a Colombian high fashion model and did the whole walking down the, 4th grade girl created, runway....pausing at the end...... sticking out the ‘skinny arm’....doing their best Blue Steel (Zoolander).... turning..... and walking back.   

After the students were done strutting their stuff they had to say both their name and a phrase we had worked on.  So it went a little something like this: Hello my nom es Edgar an I am werrin pant, a tee chirt, an a hut.  To date this has been the most fun classroom activity I have co-planned and taught.  If only everyday could be the 4th grade Fashion Show! 


'work it'
Blue Steel



Your a tiger!


3 comments:

  1. Love the fashions!! Those fourth graders really know how to work it! Wish I could have been there. First a fashion show and then a sing off?! Fabulous!! Keep up the good work. Yo soy argolos de ti!! Love you always. . .

    ReplyDelete