Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

T Minus One Week

So as I leave in less than a week fall is in full swing here in the States and I can't help but remind myself this is the last time for a long time I am going to experience the cool temperatures and my favorite season for some time.  This is because according to my Peace Corps information packet where I will be going in Colombia boasts weather in the mid to high 80s all year round!  Which brings me to my next point....Packing.
     So I was informed that I am allowed to bring 80 pounds of STUFF with me to my site.  Now like myself you are probably wondering how the hell are you going to pack 80 pounds and make it last for two years....Well again I have no idea, but I am sure that I will be forgetting at least a few key items as I pack (per-usual), but Barranquilla is a big city so I am sure I will be able to find anything I forget in country.  So far my list consists of a beach chair, blow up beach ball, twizzlers, and a 9 iron (if only I was kidding).  So if any of you have suggestions on some key items I should bring feel free to tell me via this blog or any other way that suits you.  Also this may be my last post until I am in Colombia depending on the internet situation I have in Miami for the one day orientation type deal.
SIDE NOTE: just googled famous people from Baranquilla, where I will be flying into and training for a few months and the list consists of: Shakira, Sofia Vergara (hispanic woman from Modern Family), and Last years World Series MVP Edgar Renteria so needless to say I will be in good hands.  

2 comments: