Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Feast or Famine

Last Friday the camp was cancelled due to a number of reasons, but the main one being lack of attendance--famine.  However, my friend had the brilliant idea of changing the times of the camp--start earlier and no afternoon games-- and passing out some flyers over the weekend with my community counterpart.  Now roll around to earlier today and as we both showed up at 8:00 we were greeted by.....NOBODY!  As another one of my friends, guest counselor for the day, showed up at 8:10 we started to get a little nervous as NONE of the girls nor my community counterpart had showen up yet.  So I left my friends and went on a woMANhunt of La Boquilla at around 8:15.  I found my counterpart with six campers and we walked back to the school and waited.  We waited an entire hour and by 9:00 there were at least 40 campers that had arrived--Feast!!!!

We were not expecting a turnout like this as last week we averaged around 12-15, a much more manageable number.  We soon split the girls into groups according to age and assigned each group a sticker.  The girls in the youngest group got pizza stickers, the middle group got animal stickers, and the oldest group got smily face stickers.  Then we went outside and PLAY(ED) BALL!

Dance of the day:  Movin' Like Bernie (If you don't know it search it on YouTube)

One legged relay race (picture taken by my counterpart)

Telling the girls the importance of 'squashing the bug' (picture taken by my counterpart again.  Isn't she the best?!)

4 comments:

  1. Having read this I believed it was very informative.
    I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this short article together.
    I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and posting comments.
    But so what, it was still worth it!
    my web site > electronic cigarette wholesale

    ReplyDelete