Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Less Might Just be More

To start the day I got a call from my community counterpart that is helping out at Little Lebowski's Peri-Urban Achievers camp.  She told me she was going to be late because she had a medical appointment (she never came) and had all of the materials we were going to use for the day.  However,  now that I have been in the Peace Corps for a year I am somewhat of a self proclaimed magician when it comes to pulling ice breakers and activities out of thin air.  So not to worry, my friend and I put on a solid workshop.  However, I was a bit shocked, and at first a little upset, that only about a third of the girls showed up from the first day.  Nevertheless, I feel that the day was a lot more successful as we got to work one on one with the majority of the girls.  Not to mention they could not get enough of the egg toss game we played!

Dance of the Day: The Robot

Quote of the Day:  After being in the sun for a bit, a girl said, "I am burning up and you Gringos don't burn like us Black people"      

No comments:

Post a Comment